Tuesday, September 4, 2001

Semester at Sea Part I: Pacific Crossing

Can you believe it? They've finally installed a satellite link up to enable some students to use email whilst at sea!! However, they charge 50c per minute, so I'll have to keep this message short.

Suffice to say, that after two days of basically wanting to die, (the ship was rocking through 30-40ft waves - it was hell)
I'm finally OK. I swear if someone had come into my cabin with a loaded weapon I would have begged them to put me out of my misery. Much happier now, with food in my belly finally, I've turned attention to making friends, partying, and studying (some of the time!). The ship is cool, and so are the people, food, professors etc. The only problem is that there are 2 girls to every guy on the boat. I'm sure I'll manage somehow! I am so excited to get to Japan. Saw schools of dolphins of the port bow this morning!

Love you all!! Please, those of you with CU Theatre, email me who got cast in what???? Love to Mon, Mum and Dad too - I'll call from Kobe.

From another world, far, far, away in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

No comments: